Monday, November 10, 2008

New Hat on the Needles!


Remember way back at the beginning, I wanted to knit this hat?

Well, I started it over the weekend, along with painting our bathroom. I was nervous because this hat is not going to be for anyone in my family, I actually finagled my boss into having it made for her husband Jason as a Christmas Gift. Thanks Maureen! (she is also my knitting student)(sneaky hey)
It's coming along nicely although I cheated a little and started it on straight needles because I kept twisting it at the join. If someone has a good plan for avoiding that please let me know!

I am using Lion Brand Wool Ease in Oxford Grey and Paton's Kroy Sock Yarn in Bronzed Berry Stripes. Although this hat is for a boy, I"m getting a little excited each time I see a faint purple hue that shows up in the stripe. Just don't tell Jason:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whaaa! Looks great. I completed my 40 rows and am now on the home stretch back and reducing as I go. I am mostly pleased with it, a few snafoos but loads of fun. Picked out a button so I can latch it to the stove or cabinet. Will need help with last steps. Thanks Ally for all your help. Your smittn'student, Maureen aka knit-kittn'