Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here is the sweet
little baby sweater I knit over the summer. I finally finished by clipping threads and fixing one little teeny mistake yesterday.

I found the pattern at Walmart in Miles City, MT while driving through to WI. A funny side note to that, the lady who rang me up was around my age, but said she didn't know anybody her own age who would actually knit. I found that interesting. I would assume in a small town, that most womenfolk would knit. I guess I was mistaken. Here in Seattle though, I know lots of ladies my own age who knit and crochet and some who even sew.

The pattern is knit in four pieces and sewn together. The sleeves are raglan which was easier than I expected. I used Bernat satin in Denim and Heather. It's funny because I have been straying away from the acrylic yarn, however, this was very soft and warm, perfect for a baby sweater. I would suggest this pattern to anybody looking to break out of doing scarves and dishclothes. I am proud to say I now know how to knit more than just those two items and know you can do it too!
Here are two more shots of the cuff edging and the joining of the raglan sleeve.

No comments: