Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Knit One, Save One

In a round about way I found out today about a program through Save the Children which sounds very interesting to knitters and crocheters. It is called Knit One, Save One and involves knitting or crocheting a hat for a newborn in a developing country. If you are in the Seattle area and knit or crochet, please join me on November 15th at 3pm location TBA to make a hat that could help a newborn survive. There are specific patterns we are asked to follow when making the hats you can download the patterns from Save the Children OR ask me, I already did the dirty work and downloaded the patterns. If you know others who would be interested, invite them to join us!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!
My name is Tricia Puskar and I am leading the outreach efforts for Knit One, Save One at Save the Children. Please keep me posted with your event on November 15th. I have spread the word to some of my contacts there about it. Have you thought about getting the media involved? Let me know if you have need any support- I am more than happy to help!

Best wishes,
Tricia Puskar
tpuskar@savechildren.org

sammi said...

can you tell us where and when this event is going to be? i'm up in the Marysville area but would love to participate in this.

thanx,

sammi fredenburg
koaliu2@yahoo.com